If the 2FA code from your phone’s authenticator app isn’t working, here are a few reasons that might be causing an issue.
1. Wrong 2FA Code
Please make sure that you are putting the correct 6-digit code generated by the Google Authenticator app.
2. Out of Sync Time
If you have made sure that you are putting the correct 2FA, but still getting the same error, there might be a time sync issue. Here’s how you can fix it on Android and iOS phones.
i. For Android Users
Open the Google authenticator app and follow the steps below to sync time.
- Click the 3 dots icon on the top right corner
- Select the Settings option
- Select the Time Correct for Codes option
- Select Sync Now
You should then see a confirmation saying that your time has been synced and you should be able to use your 2FA code now.
ii. For iOS Users
- Go to Settings > General > Date and Time
- Turn on Set Automatically Option
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services
- Allow your device to use its current location by selecting Setting Time Zone
This will synchronize the time on your Apple device. Please retry using your 2FA code now.
3. Outdated Google Authenticator App
It might be possible that your Google Authenticator App is outdated. Please update it and attempt a fresh rebind of your Bitflex 2FA code inside the authenticator app.